Friday, October 23, 2009

to apologize - dont you have to say, "sorry"?!

ive been feeling like crap
taking days off work
(shit, cuz im not sure if you know but paramedics in BC arent exactly independently wealthy see: www.saveourparamedics.com )

have i got THE SWINE?
i dont think so
do i feel like the stuff swines are synonymous with - what is that now...?!
SHIT!?
...absof*ckinglutely

so while wallowing in my snottiness
i decided a steam shower might just make me feel better
if not, at least LOOK better

when i emerged from my steam - feeling somewhat less phlegmy and definitely less icky - i saw that i had missed a phone call.
well, low and behold it was my beloved mother

a wee pang (and PLEASE let me emphasize WEE) befell me
i thought, damn she finally called...
and now she is going to think that im not taking her calls
i mean, im all for making a point, but if she is willing to call and apologize
ive got to give her a chance

BAHAHAHAAA...!

seriously - WHAT. THE. FUCK. is the matter with me?

its okay though, she left a message
now prepare yourself for a big ole dose of warm and fuzzy
cuz here it is, verbatim:
(i shit you not)

"hi kelley its your mommy calling
just call
...must've gotten her script messed up...
i understand you are very angry with me
but i want to make sure that everything is okay
and just want to let you know that i love you
when you are done being angry, please give me a call
bye for now"


am i losing my mind~!?
is THIS what an apology sounds like?
im not sure - see ive never had one from my mother before

you know what though ~ im actually glad she called
why, you ask?
well, i hadnt posted in sooooo long!
*wink*

2 comments:

JudiB said...

Hi Kel..no surprise with that phone call eh??!!!Maybe it is just as well you did not take the call when your feeling so rotten. I had that cold..or similar..lol..what a deal that was. Hung on far to long so I hope yours goes away soon.
Take care..J.

Anonymous said...

Hey Kel. I have just found your post... god girl. there is nothing like the family gossip line to really fuck with you is there.... mate it sounds like your man is a fantastic support and it also sounds like it was a timely shower..!

Post a Comment