Sunday, September 20, 2009

WANTED: MOTHER - crime: stolen thunder

my brother called the other day...
to offer congratulations

yep

my mother told him
told him everything
the infertility
the ivf
the two embryos
everything

what. a. fucking. idiot. she. is.

and yes, one could argue - maybe she was just excited
maybe she didnt realize that you would want to tell him yourself
(a very VERY weak argument i must say)

but i specifically... SPECIFICALLY TOLD HER
that he didnt know ~ !
and that we wanted to wait until AFTER the ultrasound to tell him ourselves

to add insult to injury
when speaking with my sister in law, SIL defended her by saying, “well i guess she thought that since *other brother* already knew, that it was okay to tell us”

omfg ~ yep
she even told them that i had already been in touch with my other brother and his wife

i was seething

its MY news

and yet im left feeling bad about it
feeling bad that i have a wonderful relationship with my sister-in-law
(not that i don’t with both, but we just arent as close - simple)
feeling bad that i trusted my friend/family member with intimate details of our life
feeling bad that i sought and cherished my own "sister’s" guidance and support

only MY mother could make me feel bad
about getting pregnant after infertility
~ only mine

now, i cant help but wonder... WHY am i so bloody surprised

1 comments:

Kansas said...

It's so encouraging to hear an IF success story! Even if it comes with stolen thunder baggage;o) It amazes me how even the closest friends and family can act totally retarded when it comes to IF, pregnancy and loss. Really.

Post a Comment